Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bargello

Yesterday Leslie posted an awesome card with the bargello technique used. since I have a vicous anal retentive streak, this technique is right up my ally! I tried my hand at it last night and am pretty please with the results. I was pretty tired at that point so it didn't come out as neatly as I would have liked, but I still think it's worthy to send off to mom for her birthday. Here is the front. I varied the size of the individual color strips as well as the cuts finished strips. I think it may be too much variance, but I lan to play around with it a bit more.

I decided to keep the cut portion and put it inside the card, I think it's a neat visual effect my mom will appreciate.

This was one of those projects that was extra exciting because I got to use up one of those random things I had sucking up space. My mom, the former art teacher, has this wealth of random art supplies, which she occasionally passes on to me (thanks mom!). This box of colored papers is one such item. At 4X6, I figured I could use it for matting or something.
See all the pretty colors? I knew I would find *some* use. I think these will produce many such cards.

1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

Isn't this fun?! What I did is not true bargello, cuz I did not really make a pattern or use different thicknesses, but the idea is the same. What a perfect use for that pack of paper! I plan to try a bunch of my retired papers taht I hoard and never use.