Friday, May 15, 2009

The rest

After a slight delay, here are the other pictures of my Halloween mini album! I forgot I also used a few other Halloween papers I had from the previous year- I think some were Heidi Grace, not sure about all of them though.

All in all, this project was great. I was really happy with how I was able to finally mix lots of patterned papers together, even different lines. I had a few different styles of paper but I think they all still managed to work together and I feel this is a very cohesive project. I love it in person- the dimensional effect is great, and the paper bag aspect makes it really kind of cool.

First page! I traced over the black stripe with black stickles. It was kind of a messy pain, but I liked the effect and it was fun to change up my paper like that!

Page two. I went back and added the gingham bracket at the end and am glad I did. It's just a cute little extra touch.

First tag. I used velvet ribbon- fancy! I had a lot of Halloween brads so I wasn't shy about using them!

Back of the first tag. Its kind of hard to see, but that layer under the journaling has cute spiders on it.
Page three. I sewed some seed beads along the left hand side of the page. I poked the holes with my paper pierced (using my ruler) and just went back and threaded the beads on black string. I don't think I measured the distance between the holes to fit 3 seed beads, but it did!
Page four. Here I got to use my threading water punch! The brads came all sparkly like that- very fun for Halloween!

Front side of second tag. This was a punch out which I covered in journaling. My hand hurt after writing all of that!

Back of tag. Yes, I covered with some cool polka do paper. Cutting and sanding around all that detail was a little time consuming, but a good break during my crop day (I started this project at home but did the bulk of the work while at a day crop). I really liked having one project to work on all day and will be bringing smaller projects like this with me in the future. I also happen to think this looks really cool!

Page five. The witch was another punch out- I covered it with a few layers of UTEE. It;s a little warped, but looks neat in person. I glued the thin green ribbon on top of the wider brown ribbon then snipped them both. I really like how it looks! That orange stripe through the middle of the page is also ribbon. That other brad/ribbon bit is on the next page.
Page six. Lining up the threading water punch on both sides of the blue paper int he middle was a *hassle*. I wound up using two smaller pieces instead of one long piece. I love the way it looks at least!

Third tag. I popped the stars up on pop dots- it's fun that way!Back of third tag. I had this spider scrap and thought it was so cool! Glad I was able to use it.
Page seven. I like the way the journaling tag looks tucked under the picture. The line spacing on it was so big, I thin it would look weird if I had the whole thing out by itself. Halving it and putting it on it's side makes it looks less goofy to me.

Page eight. Awww, just noticed the camera strap is in the way! Too bad. 'BOO!' is popped up. The brads are dark purple covered in stickles- midnight I think. It looks awesome but is starting to rub off :(

The end.

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

How fun is this?!?! That pup is a real trooper to get dressedup like that!

BTW, was last Halloween really 2009? ;-)

Jess said...

Ah crap.

I can't believe I didn't catch that! Obviously the husband looks at things but doesn't really read the journaling. I'll have to fix that!

Emmett said...

Cute dog.

easytravel said...

great dog picture, thanks for share. IF you don't mind please visit my blog. thanks