Thursday, October 2, 2008

Project kits, etc.

I've started making myself little project kits. Putting them together is a great way to use up a small amount of time, or get something accomplished when I'm too tired to actually *make* something.

Here is a kit I put together to finish off one of the few remaining layouts for my honeymoon scrapbook.
Using it just made things go much faster when I finally sat down to work, and I was able to crank the layout out pretty fast. Here are the finished pages. I'm not sure why I didn't take a picture of them together, but I didn't, so tough. Yeah, I wound up changing the pictures, but all the rest went much faster!

Using the kit also forced me to use the embellishments I had selected to match my papers. Otherwise I may have just wandered off and never used those cut outs, when they coordinate so nicely!

Here is a layout I made recently that I tried a new method on for cutting and pasting. Usually I measure and then cut, then adhere when layering papers, but this time I tried gluing my top layer (the green scalloped paper) down first and then cutting it to fit on the background paper. I won't be dong it again. I wound up with uneven margins. Uneven margins make me twitchy. I used the excess space for some journaling, so I think in the end it looks fine.

Here is my attempt at fancy scrap photography.

Yeah, the letters are velvet! I nabbed 2 packs of velvet thickers online recently- I guess they were leftovers.

I find that the scrapping I've done in my themed honeymoon album is very different than the scrapping I've done for my regular old everyday life album. And of course the upcoming scrap pages of the puppy will be different as well. I'm much more excited about the kitschy stuff for the puppy pages. I got paper with glittery dog bones!

If you haven't picked up on it by now, photography is *not* a hobby of mine. I dropped my mom's photography class after 4 days when I was in high school. True story.

2 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

Congrats on the new blog!!! Keep the posts coming!!

Leslie Hanna said...

LOL about dropping your Mom's photography class. Too funny!

I love how you used the flowers and buttons on that page corner. It is so not something I'd ever try to pull off. ;-)