Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Polly says Thank You

Seeing as I own all this stuff to make cards and supposedly make them, seems only natural I should start sending things like thank you cards, right? Well, it took an unnecessarily long time for me to get these done, but I think they turned out great!

I picked up this bird stamp this past weekend and decided it would be perfect. I stamped it in several colors and matted it in either a similar color or complementary color. I decided that I would make a coordinated set. the cards are all similar in that the main image is there and they follow the same basic layout, but I varied all the embellishments. Fun!

And yes, they are Chrismakah thank-you. Theme Schmeme.

The first two and blue and green. I love blue and green together. Perhaps to an unnatural degree. I love the little rhinestones on this first one, but I feel the sentiment is just sort of hangin' out there, totally ungrounded. I think using a corner rounder or something like those label nestabilities would help a lot, but since I don't any of those I think I need to start stamping straight onto the background.

I poked little holes in all the scallops here- first time! Love the way it looks! Stamped sentiment on background- much better!

Pink and orange- glorious!!!!

Orange and grey- so fab.

And here we have my all time favorite color combination- purple and purple. :P

Ok, so it's not so much a color combo in the traditional sense.... But I love purple, have tons of it, and don't really know what else to pair it with. I was particularly excited to use the lace here. I bought it on a whim one day, thinking I would use it on something Valentine-y. It wasn't expensive, but I certainly don't want it sitting around sucking up space- that roll is big! I did have one issue using it though- it was too thick on the back of the scallopy layer at first so it didn't lay on the card base correctly. A little visit from Mr. Scissors and all was right.

Now all I need to do is actually send them.

1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

Love that bird stamp! It is very YOU. As are all your color combos. Really nice.

I think that first one needs a layer of green under the sentiment piece. I am all about layers, ya know. ;-)