First thing first, I got my ATG! Here is a picture comparing it to some of my other adhesives. It's a biggie for sure.
I had read before that there is a learning curve to using this sucker. When I read that, I of course thought, 'what the heck is there to learn, you roll on glue???' Well, turns out, they're not lying. You have to be careful when you finish rolling out adhesive and go to remove it- you have to be sure to pull back firmly and not up. The adhesive sticks to itself better than anything else, so it's natural inclination is to stay attached to the rest of the adhesive that you are currently moving far away from your project, so it is imperative that you effectively break the string of adhesive.
So there you go- learning curve.
In addition to playing with tape, I also made some cards! I received a Cuttlebug recently but had not yet had a chance to test it out. I purchased a few embossing folders and dies also, and was stoked to use them.
Here is a card I made using the swiss dot embossing folder and a cute heart die along with oval nestabilities. I like hearts. A LOT, so I had to dig deep to find some restraint once I purchased this heart die and say 'don't go buy anything else heart related'.
I enjoyed using my nestabilties, although I was pretty much convinced when removing them from their packaging that I was going to bend them. I knew they were thin, but apparently my understanding of the word thin is inadequate. Wafer thin! I need to give them a more reasonable home though right now they live in an old photo sleeve I had.
I got a little carried away with the butterflies on this one. And the texture. I like it anyway though! In addition to really liking hearts I really like butterflies. And unicorns and puppies and kitties and and and....
More hearts! Yay hearts! I purchased a bunch of papers from the American Crafts 'Romance' line a while back, this was the first time I had a chance to use any of it though. I like the line a lot and think I will end up using most of it on cards.
Finally, I was able to work on those thank you cards from the doggie. I decided I wanted to make it a simple single layer card. I don't have any thought bubble stamps, so what I did was trace around one of my scalloped oval nestabilities. It's not perfect, but way better than I would have been able to do free-hand!
I decided to color the stamped image with a sharpie ultra fine point marker instead of my pencils. I must say, I love the results! I may have to get a few more markers. Sharpie: the poor woman's Copic!