Monday, June 22, 2009

A busy weekend!

I didn't spend a ton of time in my craft room, but I still got a lot done thanks to my cleaning and organizing efforts last week! I'll go in chronological order of what I did.

First up was a scrapbook LO Saturday morning while the hubs did some glorious unpaid overtime. I had picked to my papers ahead of time and love the color scheme. This actually did not take all that long, but some Heidi Swapp rub-on nonsense added a lot of time- but you;ll notice there are no rub-ons there. I had heard so many bad things about her rub-ons (of course after purchasing a pack a long time ago), so I was really wary to use them. I thought one of the clock rub-ons I had might be a fun addition, so I added one to a separate piece of cardstock to use a background image on a journaling block. I was pleasantly surprised- it went on really well! But then I decided to write over it- which was disastrous. So all of that got tossed. Since the first was so successful, I decided to add one directly to my page. Ugh- what a mess. It didn't go on easily and wound up being crooked. The only good thing was that the rub-ons strong aversion to sticking to my paper made it fairly easy to pick off with my paper piercer. I felt like a dentist! So I probably wasted an hour battling with rub-ons to end up with a rub-on free page, but I love the way it looks so its all ok.

now on to the details. I had been thinking about Jennifer McGuire's pages, and what it is about them that makes me like them so much. I think it's all the fine little details. She adds a lot of small touches to her pages that I think really elevate them above others. It;s like the finishing touches on an outfit. Her pages always have killer jewelry and a great pedicure!
I punched out two of the circles on the PP and popped them up, it's not super noticeable but I think it's a neat effect.

I had been storing my Nestabilities in a paper photo sleeve- not very secure. I had intentions of getting empty CD cases and strips of magnet to store them, but at the last minute changed my mind and wound up getting some magnetic paper and storing them on that in a CD carrying case, and love it. It's fairly compact and easy to grab them all at once.
Magnetic sheets complements of Staples:
I am headed out to CA for a wedding in a few days, and made a card for said occasion. In the past, I've been apprehensive to make a card for a wedding- it's a lot of pressure! I'm so thrilled with the results here though. I think the card is appropriate for the couple- the bride is a rather non-traditional gal and I think she'll appreciate the lack of pink :)

I stamped the image in Versamark and added holographic embossing powder- it has a great iridescent shine!

I also decorated the envelope to match- the first time I've done that! I love it, so plan to do it again. It really adds such elegance to the whole thing.

It's a shimmery white envelope with a stamped image in Versamark clear embossed. I love this stamp so much.

A few other picture-less tasks included giving a bunch of my clear stamps the spa treatment. They're so much cleaner and stickier now! I will have to do it for the rest sometime soon. Also, I went through some of the giant stack of pictures I had printed out and made the decision to just toss a bunch of them. The first few months we had Madison I was a picture taking machine, but it's just not realistic for me to scrap them all. I feel much better having tossed some of them- I don't think they would have added anything and to be honest, the quality stinks!

It will probably be a little while before I can get anything else done- we'll be in CA for a few days and then will be staining our deck over July 4th weekend- fun!

1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

My, my, but you have been busy!

Puppy pages - very cute! That's what I like about the little bit of scrapping I have done: I use up so much s-crap as embellishments!

Nestie storage - cool. Mine are still in 5x7 photo sleeves in a 3-ring binder. So far that's working for me, but those CD holders are much more compact. Hmmm .. I wonder how many I'd need ...

NICE wedding card. I love that shimmer on both the card AND the envelope!

Enjoy CA!