Monday, June 15, 2009

Goodbye Mr. Phin

I got some very sad news Sunday afternoon- devastating, actually. After 15 long years of bringing my family nothing but love and happiness, we all said goodbye to our family dog Phineas. I have had a lot of strong emotions since hearing the news from my mother who is sadly very far away (she's in NY, I'm in KY). One that stood out to me was my mixed feelings of anger and regret that I had not scrapbooked about our family dogs more. I in fact have only one page about my Phinny, and zero about Onyx (who passed away ~5 years ago). I've never been on to keep a journal and my memory is terrible, so scrapbooking is the only reliable thing I have to preserve my memories. I only started scrapping 2 years ago, so many memories are now lost. I've been itching to get back into crafting lately, and this realization that most of the good times I enjoyed with our dogs are now long gone, and I have almost nothing of those memories left, has spurred me to want to get to my scrapping full force. I can't really afford to lose any more memories- I'm the only one who can share some of them.

I'm glad I took the time a few months ago to make this simple page. I always liked the way it came out, and I think the picture is very representative of the fun we used to have together.

Here is the detail of the journaling block. I actually distressed it using Ranger distress ink, and I think the end result was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

Awwwww ... it's always difficult to lose the four-leggers in the family. May you always have the happy memories!